Open forum

Topic:Availability

• By Mobile saw mill, on 14 June, 2015 at 10:16

I live in Victoria Australia, I have tried to buy an axe from my local GRANSFORS supplier  who are out of stock of axes, then  be told that there will not be another shipment coming into this country until February 2016, its hard to believe that you have a distributor in this country with so little stock.

Is this a world wide problem with supply.

Les.

• By E.duBois, on 15 June, 2015 at 14:46

Clearly this site is a product of the Gränsfors Company, it, and the other axe related websites gets monitored by them and the information collected and made use of but they do not openly participate in the discussions – at least officially though some contributions are pretty fishy so better watch out, it’s a manipulation game of course, but who is the chump and who not remains the question.

• By Mobile saw mill, on 16 June, 2015 at 01:28

The above post is FACT, I posed the question to see if other people in other countries are having problems sourcing GRANDFORS axes, nothing more or less!

The time delay of availability (8 MONTHS) seemed way out of the norm.

Plus I am not “fishy” nor I am a “chump” nor am I trying to manipulate anybody or anyone, I did expect to gain some intelligent replies about supply in other countries not some accusetry reply, so my friend there is no need to get personal.

The other thing, I do hope some GRANSFORS staff/executive read this & then we just might get some action on “AVAILABILITY”

I am just trying to buy a GRANSFORS axe.

Les.

• By E.duBois, on 16 June, 2015 at 12:11

Don’t get me wrong Less. If it were the case that I was going after you for posing a fair enough question, which I have absolutely no reason for doing, then it would be cause for taking great offense. Just flip your interpertation of the subject and object around and you’ll see what I was getting at, but to be clear the fishy responses I suspect are the ones coming from the company in the guise of non-affiliated readers, the chumps, the ones from the PR company hopefully readers like you and me thwart in their manipulative strategizing.

But I have gotten wind of such problems with Gränsfors availability and though I have to say it from the perspective of a non-Gränsfors axe buyer, though I do posses one or two, having got rid of one or two as well, I have to give them credit. It would be so easy for them to go the standard business route, go to the bank, finance expansion and meet that ever increasing demand, smoothing out and standardizing the flow and distribution, making them an attractive prospect for acquisition by a big multinational tool flipper owned by yet an even bigger hedge funded investment company with some rich ____ ,you fill in the blank, at the top. Till now this company has not gone that route and it makes me speculate there is somewhere in there the spark of a principle. It’s the one thing I do like about Gränsfors, so far.

• By E.duBois, on 24 June, 2015 at 13:44

OK, well, maybe you’ll get the answer you’re looking for here.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in