Open forum

Topic:Axe Repair

• By E.duBois, on 13 August, 2015 at 17:48

Left to the “Open Forum” website because there is no website for axe repair. Just imagine your poll breaks, which it should never do, or you have a good axe, typically one older axe, with an insert and it wears out or you have otherwise need for service and maintenance and even repair, then what?

• By grizzgrant, on 16 October, 2015 at 18:03

I now need a new shaft for my splitting maul, where can I get one. I’m from the highlands Scotland

Many thanks, grizz

• By E.duBois, on 17 October, 2015 at 11:23

Do you have Rowan growing up there grizz?

In fact I had it over a kind of repair that would call for tracking down and going to a smid with plenty competence in axe repair. It’s no idle question either ’cause I got this side axe for squaring up the timbers and it needs a new steel edge welded on there.

Ok, not that I look to this medium as some kind of direct channel to the decision makers and question answerers at the Gränsfors Bruk, that would be a misconception which I in no way suffer under, but I can theorise an axe I got from them which similarly was needing to have a new steel laid  on. Would they be willing to take on that one, repair it for me? But still, what a pain in the ass, to put it bluntly, to pack up my 1900 single beveled, (if I had one), and send it all the way back up there to Sweden. Even the hypothetical misses the crux of the original query.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  E.duBois. Reason: My closest smid who is highly competent is more than a thousand kilometers to the south. How fine if there were one closer
  • By grizzgrant, on 23 October, 2015 at 13:00

Thank you for your kind reply, We do have rowan and Hazel but if I were to cut some this process could take some time with the drying required.

Do Gransfors not supply replacement shafts?

Many thanks, Grizz

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in