Open forum

Topic:Can you ID this axe?

• By axeman, on 12 March, 2015 at 16:00

I was wondering if you could help me ID this axe I recently picked up, It says made in Sweden on it, with some writing above which is very hard to distinguish due to poll damage.  It may not be a GB but I noticed the blue paint that is on there, that you (among other) Swedish manufacturers used to put on your axes
    There is a mark on the bottom side of the axe that says 1 ½ as well
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  axeman.
  • By Amerigo, on 16 March, 2015 at 11:36

Picture would help.

• By axeman, on 17 March, 2015 at 07:20

Yes, I know. I’m working on it.  🙂

Pictures will come.

• By Emma, on 18 March, 2015 at 07:38

There is a mark on the bottom side of the axe that says 1 ½, to enlarge the picture, right click on the pic, open in new tab.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  Emma.
  • By Emma, on 18 March, 2015 at 07:39

It says made in Sweden on it, with some writing above which is very hard to distinguish due to poll damage, to enlarge the picture, right click on the pic, open in new tab.

• By Axt, on 20 March, 2015 at 15:31

Emma, how can I post pics. I failed trying to post one

• By E.duBois, on 21 March, 2015 at 22:32

I am posting pictures by copying and pasting an image code from picturebucket.com or .org or some nonsense, unfortunately it’s not working out for me and like they say, ” this forum sucks without pictures.”

• By TimWngn, on 15 December, 2015 at 09:51

I think i can spot a W, so i would think it’s a Wetterlings axe. I have a Wetterlings axe that says 1 1/2 on it as well.

• By patrick7795, on 19 February, 2016 at 23:09

Can anyone tell me what this type of axe head/ the pattern of this gransfors and when they produced this model??

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  patrick7795.
  • By Jacob, on 21 February, 2016 at 22:05

Trying to id an axe. 5lb gunsfors bruks.

• By Jacob, on 21 February, 2016 at 22:10

Got a 5lb gransfors bruks trying to figure put how old it is. And what type of axe it is? Please help I can’t find anyone who can help.

• By brewster, on 6 April, 2016 at 19:17

Fairly certain this is a Gransfors judging by the GBA stamp and the ‘Made in Sweden’, but I’m trying to figure out roughly how old this head is. On the reverse side it’s stamped 1 3/4. If anyone has any info on the head it would be much appreciated! Also, where I’d be able to purchase a replacement handle. Would like to stick with a Gransfors Bruks if possible.

Painted GBA Head

Old Gransfors Axe Head

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in