Open forum

Topic:Fake axe?

• By axeman, on 12 March, 2015 at 15:32

Have you bought an Gränsfors Bruks AB axe that you suspect is a fake? How do you know it’s a fake?

• By zxperez1, on 18 January, 2016 at 03:28

Hello, I would also like to know if there are fakes out there, does anyone know of any? The market is huge for GB axes and I hope no one is making any counterfeits.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  zxperez1.
  • By MoBIoS, on 18 January, 2016 at 12:24

I was wondering as well if I might have purchased a counterfeit Wildlife Hatchet. The main reason for my concerns was the missing additional steel wedge. This wedge is shown on all of the hatchets I have seen reviewed on youtube & co.

I have contacted Gränsfors Bruk with my concerns and I want to forward the reply, to aid other owners, to set their mind at rest. The statement is from Joachim Anderson (GB), which I´d like to thank again, for taking the time to reply to me:

“Please see below a statement that we sent out autumn last year regarding 415 and some further models,

“We have now made design changes on some products. The steel wedge on the top of the handle will be removed. The steel wedge works as an extra support for the wooden wedge that is used to fix the axe head to the handle. The reliability in process when attaching the handles has been improved, which means that the steel wedge is not necessary. Based on trials and experience we have now decided to remove the steel wedge on the products listed below.

Since we continuously strive for not using more materials and components than necessary, without compromising on functionality, we have therefore decided to stop using steel wedge on:

413                                                   Hand Hatchet

415                                                   Wildlife Hatchet

473-R, RH, RV                              Small Carving Hatchet (all variants)

474-R, RH, RV                              Large Carving Hatchet (all variants)

475, -R, -RH, -RV                         Large Carving Axe (all variants)

Naturally there will be a mixture of axes with and without steel wedge during the transition.”

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  MoBIoS. Reason: html code
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  MoBIoS.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in